We are your hotel in downtown Ottawa close to all the leading attractions in Canada’s national capital. Below is a list of Things to Do in Ottawa that we highly recommend.
Attractions within walking distance
General Tourist Attractions
Popular Ottawa Events
- Shen Yun – January – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Winterlude Festival - February 3-20, 2017 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Canadian Tulip Festival - May 12-22, 2017 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Canada’s Magnetic North Theatre Festival - June
- Festival franco-ontarien Banque Nationale - June
- Ottawa Fringe Festival - June
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival - June
- Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival - June
- RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest - July
- Ottawa Asian Festival Night Market - July
- Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival - July – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Ottawa International Buskerfest - July
- Festival of India - August
- Jam Day - August
- South Asian Fest - August
- Capital Pride - August
- Lumière Festival - August
- Canada Day July 1, 2017 - Canada's 150th Birthday!
- Northern Lights Sound and Lights Show - July-September
- The Capital Fair - August
- Ottawa Craft Beer Festival - August
- Hot Air Balloon Festival September
- Latin American Festival - September
- CityFolk - September
- Ottawa International Animation Festival - September
- Christmas Light Show at Parliament Hill - December to January
Things to do with Kids in Ottawa
- Canadian Museum of Nature – Learn all about animals, bugs, dinosaurs and much more!
- Canadian Museum of History - Enhance your knowledge, understanding and appreciation of events, experiences, people and objects that reflect and have shaped Canada’s history and identity. This is where the Children’s Museum is located.
- Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum - This is where you can see and learn about farm animals, bees and much more!
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum - Learn all about space and see a large variety of planes. Also features an excellent array of kids programming.
- The Canadian War Museum - Canada’s national museum of military history and one of the world’s most respected museums for the study and understanding of armed conflict. Features activities and exhibits for the kids.
- Cosmic Adventures - This is Ottawa's largest indoor playground for kids up to 12 years old.
- Papanack Zoo - This is the largest zoo in the Ottawa area and they feature zoo camps for the kids.
- Little Ray's Reptile Zoo - This is the best reptile zoo in the Ottawa area and they specialize in summer camps and children’s birthday parties.
- Fun Haven - Ottawa's best entertainment centre and party destination for family activities and birthday parties.
- Saunders Farm - The farm features barns, mazes, a hayride, a march and a theatre.
- Splash Wave Pool - This is the closest wave pool to downtown Ottawa and features 1 meter high waves in the wave pool, a kiddie pool with spray fountains, a whirlpool, a brand new 25m lap pool and a new 32m waterslide!
- Calypso Theme Waterpark - Calypso is Canada’s biggest theme waterpark just located 40 minutes from downtown Ottawa.
- Pirates Adventures - This is an interactive pirate-theatre cruise set in a real pirate ship at Mooney’s Bay just 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa Costumes, Face paint, treasure maps, sword fights, water cannons, and sunken treasure await!!!
Calypso Theme Waterpark is where you live an experience beyond imagination! Nothing tops the highest waterslide tower in North America! Take off, eyes wide open, in the high-speed accelerators or drop through a trap door in Canada’s only mind blowing Aqualoops. Whether you ride a mysterious river, reach crazy speed head first or sail, slide, ride beyond; Calypso’s fantasy world, is where you will create moments you will never forget!! Calypso waterpark offers more than 35 waterslides and much more:
- The Kongo Expedition
- The Tarzan Challenge
- The tallest waterslide tower in North America
- Canada’s biggest wave pool
- Over 100 lifeguards
- More than 100 water games
- World-class volleyball courts
- VIP cabanas
- 5 restaurants
- Hawaiian Beach Bar
- All pools are heated!