We are your hotel in downtown Ottawa close to all the leading attractions of Canada’s national capital. Below is a list of Things to Do in Ottawa that we highly recommend.
Attractions within walking distance
General Tourist Attractions
Popular Ottawa Events
- Northern Lights Sound and Lights Show - July 10-September 12, 2015
- The Capital Fair - August 21-30, 2015
- Ottawa Craft Beer Festival - August 28-30, 2015
- Hot Air Balloon Festival September 3-7, 2015
- Latin American Festival - September 6, 2015
- CityFolk - September 16-20, 2015
- Ottawa International Animation Festival - September 16-20, 2015
- Shen Yun – January 2016
- Winterlude Festival - January 29-February 15, 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Canadian Tulip Festival - May 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Shen Yun – May 2016
- Canada’s Magnetic North Theatre Festival - June 2016
- Festival franco-ontarien Banque Nationale - June 2016
- Ottawa Fringe Festival - June 2016
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival - June 2016
- Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival - June 2016
- RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest - July 2016
- Ottawa Asian Festival Night Market - July 2016
- Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival - July 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Ottawa International Buskerfest - July 2016
- Festival of India - August 2016
- Jam Day - August 2016
- South Asian Fest - August 2016
- Capital Pride - August 2016
- Lumière Festival - August 2016
- Canada Day July 1, 2017 - Canada's 150th Birthday!
Things to do with Kids in Ottawa
- Canadian Museum of Nature – Learn all about animals, bugs, dinosaurs and much more!
- Canadian Museum of History - Enhance your knowledge, understanding and appreciation of events, experiences, people and objects that reflect and have shaped Canada’s history and identity. This is where the Children’s Museum is located.
- Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum - This is where you can see and learn about farm animals, bees and much more!
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum - Learn all about space and see a large variety of planes. Also features an excellent array of kids programming.
- The Canadian War Museum - Canada’s national museum of military history and one of the world’s most respected museums for the study and understanding of armed conflict. Features activities and exhibits for the kids.
- Cosmic Adventures - This is Ottawa's largest indoor playground for kids up to 12 years old.
- Papanack Zoo - This is the largest zoo in the Ottawa area and they feature zoo camps for the kids.
- Little Ray's Reptile Zoo - This is the best reptile zoo in the Ottawa area and they specialize in summer camps and children’s birthday parties.
- Fun Haven - Ottawa's best entertainment centre and party destination for family activities and birthday parties.
- Saunders Farm - The farm features barns, mazes, a hayride, a march and a theatre.
- Monkey Around – This play & learn centre features a state-of-the-art play structure, a roller rink, an inflatable obstacle course, and redemption games.
- Splash Wave Pool - This is the closest wave pool to downtown Ottawa and features 1 meter high waves in the wave pool, a kiddie pool with spray fountains, a whirlpool, a brand new 25m lap pool and a new 32m waterslide!
- Calypso Theme Waterpark - Calypso is Canada’s biggest theme waterpark just located 40 minutes from downtown Ottawa.
- Pirates Adventures - This is an interactive pirate-theatre cruise set in a real pirate ship at Mooney’s Bay just 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa Costumes, Face paint, treasure maps, sword fights, water cannons, and sunken treasure await!!!