We are your hotel in downtown Ottawa close to all the leading attractions of Canada’s national capital. Below is a list of Things to Do in Ottawa that we highly recommend.
Attractions within walking distance
General Tourist Attractions
Popular Ottawa Events
- Winterlude Festival - January 29-February 15, 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Canadian Tulip Festival - May 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Shen Yun – May 2016
- Canada’s Magnetic North Theatre Festival - June 2016
- Festival franco-ontarien Banque Nationale - June 2016
- Ottawa Fringe Festival - June 2016
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival - June 2016
- Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival - June 2016
- RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest - July 2016
- Ottawa Asian Festival Night Market - July 2016
- Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival - July 2016 – We are Proud Sponsors!
- Ottawa International Buskerfest - July 2016
- Festival of India - August 2016
- Jam Day - August 2016
- South Asian Fest - August 2016
- Capital Pride - August 2016
- Lumière Festival - August 2016
- Canada Day July 1, 2017 - Canada's 150th Birthday!
- Northern Lights Sound and Lights Show - July-September 2016
- The Capital Fair - August 2016
- Ottawa Craft Beer Festival - August 2016
- Hot Air Balloon Festival September 2016
- Latin American Festival - September 2016
- CityFolk - September 2016
- Ottawa International Animation Festival - September 2016
- Christmas Light Show at Parliament Hill - Dec 2nd, 2015 - Jan 7th, 2017
Things to do with Kids in Ottawa
- Canadian Museum of Nature – Learn all about animals, bugs, dinosaurs and much more!
- Canadian Museum of History - Enhance your knowledge, understanding and appreciation of events, experiences, people and objects that reflect and have shaped Canada’s history and identity. This is where the Children’s Museum is located.
- Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum - This is where you can see and learn about farm animals, bees and much more!
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum - Learn all about space and see a large variety of planes. Also features an excellent array of kids programming.
- The Canadian War Museum - Canada’s national museum of military history and one of the world’s most respected museums for the study and understanding of armed conflict. Features activities and exhibits for the kids.
- Cosmic Adventures - This is Ottawa's largest indoor playground for kids up to 12 years old.
- Papanack Zoo - This is the largest zoo in the Ottawa area and they feature zoo camps for the kids.
- Little Ray's Reptile Zoo - This is the best reptile zoo in the Ottawa area and they specialize in summer camps and children’s birthday parties.
- Fun Haven - Ottawa's best entertainment centre and party destination for family activities and birthday parties.
- Saunders Farm - The farm features barns, mazes, a hayride, a march and a theatre.
- Splash Wave Pool - This is the closest wave pool to downtown Ottawa and features 1 meter high waves in the wave pool, a kiddie pool with spray fountains, a whirlpool, a brand new 25m lap pool and a new 32m waterslide!
- Calypso Theme Waterpark - Calypso is Canada’s biggest theme waterpark just located 40 minutes from downtown Ottawa.
- Pirates Adventures - This is an interactive pirate-theatre cruise set in a real pirate ship at Mooney’s Bay just 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa Costumes, Face paint, treasure maps, sword fights, water cannons, and sunken treasure await!!!
Calypso Theme Waterpark is where you live an experience beyond imagination!
Nothing tops our highest waterslide tower in North America! Take off, eyes wide open, in our high-speed accelerators or drop through a trap door in Canada’s only mind blowing Aqualoops.
Whether you ride a mysterious river, reach crazy speed head first or sail, slide, ride beyond; Calypso’s fantasy world, is where you will create moments you will never forget!!
Calypso waterpark offers more than 35 waterslides:
- The Kongo Expedition
- The Tarzan Challenge
- The tallest waterslide tower in North America
- Canada’s biggest wave pool
- Over 100 lifeguards
- More than 100 water games
- World-class volleyball courts
- VIP cabanas
- 5 restaurants
- Hawaiian Beach Bar
- All pools are heated!